User engagement statistics from social media platforms
Shareaholic, a social sharing application, presented user engagement statistics for traffic coming from various social media platforms. The statistics, for the period September 2013 to February 2014, recorded 3 metrics: Average time on site, Average pages / visit, and Average bounce rate. Here are the results:
Let’s see what we can learn from the report:
- Referral traffic coming from YouTube leads to the highest engagement.
- Google+ and Linked might get less people to your website, but these people will be there to stay.
- Engagement of traffic coming from Twitter and Facebook is nearly same.
- Pinterest users bounce same as Twitter and Facebook, but they visit less pages and stay for lesser time on the website.
- Reddit users bounce the most out of all the networks.
- The least engaged referral traffic comes from StumbleUpon.