Google’s Matt Cutts talks about common SEO myths
Google’s Matt Cutts talks about common SEO myths in a video published by Google Webmasters, Matt Cutts – who leads the Webspam team at Google – He speaks about some common SEO myths which people still discuss on forums, blogs, and conferences.
Some common SEO myths that Matt talks about:
- If you buy ads, you will get a higher ranking on Google – MYTH
- If you don’t buy ads, you will get a higher ranking on Google – MYTH
- Google changes algorithms to make people buy ads – MYTH
- Google does what it does to show better search results to people – REALITY
- Automated software will help you rank higher in search results – MYTH
To visit the official website of Google webmaster, follow this link.
Just like you may have seen in our last post on sneaky redirects and Google guidelines, we can see that what works for users, works for search engines. The idea should be to have great content on your website and you can be sure you will be noticed by search engines. Black hat SEO might give you some short-term results, but will not help your business go a long way.