What has changed in the new Twitter profile design?
Twitter has started rolling out new profile design which focuses on images, and shows the best tweets, pinned tweets, and filtered tweets. Here is a more detailed set of changes and what you can expect from the new Twitter design:
- Profile photo dimensions – The profile photo dimension is 400 x 400 pixels.
- Bigger header photo – The new header photo size will be 1500 x 500 pixels.
- Full-width cover photo – Cover photos will now appear full-width.
- Best Tweets – Size of the tweets which have received the most favorites / retweets / comments will be larger than other tweets.
- Pinned Tweet – Similar to pinned posts on Facebook, you can pin a tweet on top of your Twitter profile.
- Filtered Tweets: Filter tweets by all tweets / tweets with media / tweets and replies.
Twitter has rolled out the new profile for some users and will roll out it to everyone in some time:
“This new profile setup is available today to a small group of users. If you’re new to Twitter, you’ll start in with the new profile. In the coming weeks, we will roll out the new features to everyone.” – Twitter Blog on 8th April 2014
Here are some more examples of the new profile to give you an idea of the new design and features: