Twitter has started rolling out new profile design which focuses on images, and shows the best tweets, pinned tweets, and filtered tweets. Here is a more detailed set of changes and what you can expect from the new Twitter design:
- Profile photo dimensions – The profile photo dimension is 400 x 400 pixels.
- Bigger header photo – The new header photo size will be 1500 x 500 pixels.
- Full-width cover photo – Cover photos will now appear full-width.
- Best Tweets – Size of the tweets which have received the most favorites / retweets / comments will be larger than other tweets.
- Pinned Tweet – Similar to pinned posts on Facebook, you can pin a tweet on top of your Twitter profile.
- Filtered Tweets: Filter tweets by all tweets / tweets with media / tweets and replies.
Twitter has rolled out the new profile for some users and will roll out it to everyone in some time:
“This new profile setup is available today to a small group of users. If you’re new to Twitter, you’ll start in with the new profile. In the coming weeks, we will roll out the new features to everyone.” – Twitter Blog on 8th April 2014
Here are some more examples of the new profile to give you an idea of the new design and features: